This is a perfect lunch or supper dish and highly nutritious. All fish are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining skin health. Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to help keep skin thick, supple, and moisturised. In fact, an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency can cause dry skin. The omega-3 fats in fish also reduce inflammation, which can cause redness and acne.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- 2 large red peppers, tops remover (saved) sinew and seeds removed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 250g microwave basmati rice
- A handful of fresh herbs, washed and chopped (parsley, basil, and/or coriander)
- 200g tinned tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 1 tin naturally sweet sweetcorn, drained
- 100g grated cheese, your choice
- 120g bag mixed leaf crunchy salad, to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Follow the instructions for the peppers, making sure you remove all the seeds. Meanwhile, sweat onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
Brush the peppers with a little oil, inside and out. Slice off a very, very thin piece of the pepper on the bottom, so that it will stand up in a dish, but not leak out. Place the peppers in your dish, and cook upright, for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
Cook the rice, then mix all the ingredients to stuff the peppers together in a bowl.
Stuff the peppers, put the saved lids on, then place back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Check that the peppers are going soft. If not, put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Remove peppers from oven, take off the lid, sprinkle over the cheese, put lid back on and bake for 5 minutes or less, until cheese has melted.
Serve with the crunchy salad and some delicious bread.