There is so much to say about both crab and avocado. Both are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, and both promote Vitamin B6 and B12. B12 will be very helpful in strengthening your blood quality and preventing illnesses such as anaemia. Perfect for a light supper meal. Similar to Mexican corn tostadas.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: (only for warming tortillas)
Dietary: Strengthens the blood, rich in Vitamins B6 and B12 amongst others. GF, DF, LF, V. Check labels on corn tortillas for traces
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 170g can white crabmeat in brine, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 very ripe avocado, skin and stone removed and roughly chopped (you are going to mash it anyway)
- Some small crispy tortillas (taco shells), or similar texture to Mexican corn chips
- Marinate the slices of red onion in 1 of the limes and add the sugar and salt. Toss around to ensure all slices get some of the marinade. Set aside to allow them to soften nicely.
- Mix crab, spring onions and half the sliced chilli together in a bowl. Take another bowl and mash the avocado with the remaining lime and chilli. Season up according to taste with some black pepper
- Mix both bowls together, check seasoning. Set out 2 plates with the corn crisp on the bottom and portion out the crab and avocado mix. Ready to eat!
Nutritional Values: Calories 390, Carbs 28g, Protein 22g, Fat 20g